We sat down with Michael Yewdell, Co-Founder of Campus Protein and BEAM Be Amazing. We learn about his journey and best practices on how he created affiliate programs for both Campus Protein and BEAM, which offers its own line of health/ fitness supplements, controlling the process, from farm to shaker.
Michael Yewdell, Co- Founder of Campus Protein & BEAM Be Amazing – Michael has been an entrepreneur for the past 10 years building his legacy business Campus Protein along with his newest brand BEAM: Be Amazing.
The brand BEAM is based off of his battle with a rare form of cancer back in 2017. He failed 4 chemotherapies and ending up having to switch hospitals to try a rare form of chemotherapy that ended up saving his life.
BEAM has an incredible story, but the products and our impact is where we truly differentiate ourselves. BEAM controls 100% of the production process from sourcing the ingredients, to formulating, to flavoring, and manufacturing its product in-house. This allows us to put 100% of our resources into the product, but it does not stop there. Quality to us is of the utmost importance so we do in-house allergen, metal, and efficacy testing along with 3rd party testing.
BEAM has also been able to use its platform to raise close to $500,000 towards cancer research, plant 1000s of trees, gift 1000s of free hours of therapy, and contribute to so many other initiatives in just 2 years of business.
The past is where we gained perspective on making the present amazing and our future even better.
Watch the Full Video
- 1:58 – Mike shares how building BEAM Be Amazing has been one of the most interesting projects he’s been a part of
- 2:09 – The key ingredients of a successful affiliate program are discussed
- 2:44 – Mike shares some differences between community and affiliate programs
- 3:27 – Mike tells us his way on evaluating affiliate models
- 4:24 – BEAM’s story and mission are shared
- 5:37 – Mike tells us how he became interested in building a philanthropic affiliate program for BEAM Be Amazing
- 7:10 – Mike shares on surprising takeaways from his career.
- 7:40 – Mike suggests building the program brick by brick and don’t expect to hit a home run on your first go at an affiliate program. You’ll be able to refine along the way.