Learn how these leading direct-to-consumer beauty brands are transforming the way that brands go-to-market, scale growth, and interact with their customers.
Watch Full Video
Ming Zhao, CEO of PROVEN – Ming Zhao is the co-founder and CEO of PROVEN Skincare, the smart skincare company dedicated to creating personalized and adaptive skincare.
PROVEN uses award-winning data and machine learning technology to customize beauty and wellness products for individuals. Founded in 2017 by Ming and Dr. Amy Yuan, PROVEN creates personalized skincare solutions that adapt with you as you move through life. Using their proprietary Skin Genome Project, the largest beauty database on earth, they create personalized skincare solutions as unique as you.
Fabian Seelbach, CMO at Curology – Fabian Seelbach has more than 15 years of experience building and scaling businesses with P&L ownership. For five years, he led the industry-defining marketing team at Curology as CMO. Today, Fabian is President of the fully shoppable lifestyle and wellness brand, Goop.
Fabian grew up in Berlin, Germany and earned his MBA from Harvard Business School.
Melissa Sova, Growth, Ex – Glossier – Melissa oversaw all performance channels for Glossier and managed a team scaling full-funnel growth across search, shopping, affiliate, paid social, partnerships, display, and more from 2017-2020. Melissa began her experience in the beauty industry agency-side, working with Coty while at Performics, followed by an in-house role at Clarins Group. She is currently the Director of Marketing for Tie Bar in Chicago.
Guilhaum Ceccaldi, Growth at Prose – Guilhaum is the Head of Growth Marketing at Prose, the direct to consumer beauty brand delivering custom hair care products that are made-to-order and address the specific needs and goals of each individual’s hair and scalp. In his capacity, Guilhaum is responsible for leading and implementing Prose’s marketing strategy, overseeing both acquisition and retention. Prior to joining Prose, Guilhaum served as Online Acquisition Director at Adore me. He has also held additional marketing positions at various companies in Paris, France.
Host: Anish Shah, Founder + CEO at Ruckus – Anish is the CEO & Founder of executive search agency Ruckus. Anish has worked in-house in Growth roles at Snapfish and Getable. He started Bring Ruckus as a Growth consultancy 11 years ago working with 40+ clients, then re-focused his firm on executive recruiting for Growth leaders.
- 6:24 – Ming shares advice for starting your own beauty care line
- 10:10 – Fabian shares how it is important to not get attached to any decisions in the beginning
- 1:08 – Melissa shares importance in data gathering when starting your beauty careline
- 13:52 – Guilhaum shares on tackling balance between direct response + brand awareness
- 15:16 – Fabian adds on misconception when thinking about brand budget
- 19:00 – Melissa shares importance of putting the right creative resources to work
- 23:20 -Melissa shares on tools she’s excited to test out in remaining of 2020 and 2021
- 32:42 -Guilhaum shares on how COVID has changed the customer journey
- 35:00 – Ming speaks about surveying as approach taken @ PROVEN for new product development
- 36:17 – Melissa tells us how Glossier started from “Into the Gloss” Blog
- 38:04 – Guilhaum shares effective strategies on retaining customers + repeat sales
- 43:41 – Ming shares how @ PROVEN product bundling is part of their growth strategy