We sat down with Mike Schmidt, founder of Dovetale, the go-to platform for any company working with social media creators. We learned about his journey and got his advise on how to approach Influencer Marketing the right way.
Mike Schmidt, Founder at Dovetale – Mike is the founder of Dovetale.com, an influencer marketing suite for brands of any size. Mike previously founded Listn, which was acquired by SFX Entertainment. Mike has also represented Canada at the G20 summit and graduated in Chemical Engineering.
Host: Anish Shah, Founder + CEO at Ruckus – Anish is the CEO & Founder of executive search agency Ruckus. Anish has worked in-house in Growth roles at Snapfish and Getable. He started Bring Ruckus as a Growth consultancy 11 years ago working with 40+ clients, then re-focused his firm on executive recruiting for Growth leaders.
Watch the Full Video Here:
- 3:57 – Mike talks about his journey and why he got started with Dovetale
- 5:36 – Why aren’t publishers indexed properly? Social networks want to control the experience as much as they can
- 7:49 – “Imagine a future where creators fully can provision their data from one system to the next, like some sort of data wallet or passport that can communicate between different types of appilications”
- 11:30 – Mike shares where should someone get started with Influencer Marketing
- 15:02 – What is the metric to measure success in Influencer Marketing?
- 22:00 – Mike’s take on brands that have done Influencer Marketing the right way
- 25:38 – Mike adds how discipline is one of the most important habits in creative marketing