We sat down with Sarah McLoughlin, Director of Digital Marketing at Power Digital to learn about her journey, insights and best practices on how to best communicate with her creative team.
Sarah McLoughlin, Director of Digital Marketing, Power Digital – Sarah works as a Vice President, Paid Social at Power Digital Marketing, which is an Advertising & Marketing company with an estimated 64 employees; and founded in 2012. They are part of the Social Media Marketing team within the Marketing Department and their management level is VP-Level. Sarah graduated from Rowan University in 2009 and is currently based in New York City, United States.
- 0:11 – Sarah shares how she started her career in paid social
- 1:31 – Sarah adds how keeping your audience in mind and trying to be as relevant as possible with content is key in paid social. Consumers nowadays are very savvy and know how to spot what isn’t genuine
- 5:51 – Sarah tells us what are some key ingredients in creating a successful social media plan
- 7:54 – Sarah enlightens us with some of the things that she spots as misses in social platforms
- 11:30 – Sarah shares what are some of the best ways to communicate with your creative team
- 14:20. – Sarah briefs us how watching for current trends in the platform is something that is relevant to different verticals and can help in keeping your clients happy.
- 16:35 – Sarah tells us how due to COVID people had to change their buying behaviors and this was crucial to keep in mind when building your social media plan
- 18:00 – Sarah shares a funny anecdote as a surprise takeaway in her career.
- 24:40 – Sarah shares where she gets her industry news from and how she keeps updated with the social trends